The audit function is the personal eyes and ears of Senior Management and the Audit Committee on behalf of the Board of Directors. This includes developing relationships with clients while maintaining independence and utilizing communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills to help management recognize the exposures and gaps in controls as the results of audits and other projects. You will audit the design, efficiency, and effectiveness of internal controls used to provide reasonable assurance that the company's goals are achieved. This position will have regular contact with employees, members of management, and officers of Great West Casualty Company and Old Republic Insurance Company affiliates as well as external auditors, regulators, and third-party administrators.
This is a career you should consider if you:
* Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent; business, math, IT, or finance with a focus on accounting and/or MIS.
* Currently hold a CIA, CISA, or CPA certification or are willing to obtain.
* Are able to travel domestically 10-15% of the time, possess a passport, and are eligible to travel internationally to Canada.
* Can effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of the organization in person and in writing.
* Display proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Access database knowledge is a plus.
* Thrive on problem solving, fine details, and data analysis in a team environment.
* Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
* Possess high ethics, high passion, and high motivation.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
* A 37.5 hour work week.
* A formal Management Development Program.
* Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
* Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
* Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
* Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company