- Inspects all machinery, structures to ensure compliance standards are met. This includes cleanliness after sanitation processes are complete and prior to start up of operations. Reports to management all areas not meeting cleanliness standard and performs re-inspection activities prior to start up of operations.
- Position will perform audits, monitoring for potential foreign material sources and reporting all findings to management in a timely manner. Will inspect and test equipment, performing activities such as verifying scale accuracy, swab tests, sensitivity of metal detection systems, and all sanitizing equipment is functioning as required.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance by monitoring and inspecting the condition of various areas such as freezers, hand-wash sinks, locker rooms, overhead structures, ceilings, outside grounds, docks, drains and pest control. Inspections include monitoring employees for proper sanitation equipment such as proper use of hairnets, beard nets, frocks, gloves, etc. Reporting all findings to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inspection of all raw material trailers which include but not limited to inspection of seals, record and monitor set points and temperatures. Perform verifications, confirming trailer is from approved supplier list. Performance of core sampling test.
- Accurate and timely completion of product adjustment forms, damaged box reports and sparse lean claim forms, all of which are reported to the appropriate corporate personnel in a timely manner.
- Perform regularly scheduled product sampling for various micro and analytical tests. Accurately record sampling data in a timely manner. The QA Inspector is also responsible for accurate labeling, packaging and shipping of product samples to specified laboratory.
- Will perform various inspections on finished product and place on hold product for additional inspection and coordinate the stopping of production to arrange for system to be flushed of any possible contaminants.
- Responsible for measurement and recording of quality factors of finished product such as fat and protein, temperature and color.
- Responsible for inspecting and manifesting all finished product. Activities may include visual inspection of product, inspecting liners, gather product temperatures, taking product samples, etc.
- Will provide coverage and assist in areas as needed. Will perform inventory checks for QA supplies and materials.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills required.
- Speaking clearly and effectively; writing legibly and effectively; collect, analyze, and interpret data from a wide variety of sources and taking appropriate action.
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or with little supervision.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing and lifting.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have punctual and reliable attendance.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position, benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled