- Ensures effective auditing/processing of payroll data including, rate changes, payroll deductions, shift differentials, adjustments, terminations and all other related payroll transactions.
- Generates, distributes, and analyzes various payroll related reports and conduct audits to validate internal payroll controls and ensure accuracy of data.
- Oversees effective payroll programs such as pay card, direct deposit programs. Ensures effective instructions and information are communicated to staff.
- Assists employees with payroll related programs, such as pay card, direct deposit and special tax deductions. Ensures that effective instructions and training occur and employees are knowledgeable and informed about programs available to them.
- Keeps informed and is knowledgeable in payroll practices and of changing state and federal statutes. Assists in the development and implementation of payroll related procedures and policies.
- Management of time cards and responsible for timely and accurate submittal of payroll to payroll service provider.
- Administers payroll deductions such as child support, garnishments, and tax levies following all state and federal guidelines.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Payroll or Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills and the ability to remain organized in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail required.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate effectively to all level employees.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Previous Human Resources experience desired.
- Verifiable ability to perform essential job functions. Minimum of 2 plus years of relevant work experience.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position, benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled