Are you a senior-level accounting professional with experience working in the insurance industry?
Do you aspire to work for a company with aggressive, yet deliberate and profitable, growth plans over the next ten years?
Do you value an environment where customer service, ethics, integrity, and work-life balance are deep-rooted in the culture?
Due to department growth, we are seeking a Director, Financial and Tax Reporting. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this position will lead a team of accountants to assure the reporting of accurate, timely, and meaningful financial and tax data. As part of a publicly held insurance conglomerate, this position will have exposure to Old Republic Insurance Group senior leaders. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Directing accounting contact for reinsurance and captives.
- Communicating with our parent company, Old Republic Insurance Group.
- Completing the annual budgeting process.
- Acting as the accounting point of contact for internal and external auditors during audits.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting.
- A CPA designation.
- 10 years' experience in public accounting or as a chief financial officer, vice president of accounting, director of financial reporting, controller, or treasurer with a property and casualty insurance company.
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced knowledge in GAAP accounting, Sarbanes Oxley, and statutory insurance accounting.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company