We are seeking a strong negotiator who enjoys using/learning law to join our team as a Subrogation Claims Representative. If you have transferable skills, we offer on-the-job training with a veteran subrogation professional. This career opportunity is perfect for you if:
- You take pride in providing exceptional service to internal and external customers and can clearly articulate yourself via phone and email.
- You are a self-starter who takes control of your own destiny by achieving goals and seeking out opportunities for development.
- You want the satisfaction of winning, but not at the detriment of conducting business with the highest ethics while treating everyone honestly, fairly, and with dignity and respect.
In this position you will:
- Review information on reported claims and determine if third parties have a legal liability for damages to Great West or our insureds as a result of an incident.
- Communicate daily with third parties, insureds, and customers on the status of open files.
- Have ownership of your files to present and negotiate claims to third parties, make legal arguments regarding liability and damages, and negotiate settlements.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred, but not required; a paralegal degree is a plus.
- 3 years' legal, claims, collections, or insurance experience.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- The ability to work on their own and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of tort law, legal terms and concepts, and the ability to determine legal liability of third parties and recoverable damages.
- Knowledge of reading a claim file and an insurance policy to gather information is a plus.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company