Why become an Underwriter at Great West? You will have a direct impact on the profitability/success of our business. Be part of a strong team atmosphere and a culture that allows for work life balance. Apply now to become part of this team.
As a Truck Underwriter for Great West you will:
- Have autonomy in work by managing your own book of business.
- Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards, and designing insurance programs to meet the needs of our customers.
- Have a direct impact on the success of the company.
- Participate in a training program, which includes one-on-one mentoring, class time, self-study and testing.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Prior experience in sales, finance, or a position where you were building and developing relationships with others.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to analyze risk.
- Ability to market and sell Great West Casualty Company products and services to insureds as full partner with agents.
- Experience making decisions and prioritizing your own work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company