Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your communication skills to build strong relationships with agents and customers? A career with Great West Casualty Company will allow you the autonomy to grow, maintain, and build your own book of business.
If you are a natural problem solver with strong analytical skills, this is the position for you!
Our Workers Compensation Underwriters focus on the selection, pricing, and monitoring of risks all while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
As a Workers Compensation Underwriter you will:
- Manage your own book of business.
- Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through strong relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards, and designing insurance programs to meet the needs of our customers.
- Participate in a robust training program, which includes on-the-job training, peer mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-paced courses and testing.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience in sales, finance, customer service, or a position where relationship building was key.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to be assertive.
- Ability to market and sell Great West Casualty Company products and services to insureds while partnering with agents.
- Math skills with an aptitude for statistics, probabilities, and overall analytical thinking.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company