The Wayne State Foundation is seeking a Director of Alumni Relations.
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the development and management of programs which establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with 24,000 plus alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Wayne State College. This position will work with development colleagues to identify, cultivate, and solicit charitable giving to the Wayne State Foundation.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Assist with planning and managing reunions around the country and special events.
• Plan and manage the annual phonathon, Senior Gift Challenge, and annual crowdfunding campaigns.
• Plan and manage annual Homecoming events and banquets.
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit existing and prospective donors, including management of the GOLD Club
• Participate in the development and writing of the Wayne State Magazine and the Alumni Newsletter.
• Manage and monitor the maintenance of the WSF web site and social media platforms.
• Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical, and career information of alumni
• Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications
• Ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
• Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
• Develop and maintain good relations with the WSF Board of Trustees.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO of the WSF.
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the college, alumni base, and the community.
Criminal background, credit, and DMV check.
Valid driver’s license.
Competitive and will commensurate with experience and education.