Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
Operate many pieces of large industrial equipment that are used in the operation of the facility. Each equipment operator will be assigned and trained in the operation of one or more pieces of equipment. This position will monitor and control the operation of equipment. Communicate to plant management of any issues during production, assist in teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of equipment, ensuring timely and efficient startup.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the operation of equipment, people, and processes required to meet production and sanitation requirements. Ensure that equipment is performing at optimal levels and in accordance with all safety and quality assurance standards. Maintain situational awareness.
- Immediately communicate to plant management of any issues during production or the teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of equipment.
- Assist in teardown, cleaning, and rebuilding of equipment. Responsible for efficient and timely startup of equipment required to maintain production schedules. Maintain high quality and safety standards. Set up panels and equipment properly for production.
- Perform detailed monitoring of equipment displays to ensure the equipment is properly operating and processing the material, as required, to provide a quality finished product. Immediately notify management or correct any problems. Use critical thinking skills appropriate for role.
- Will maintain the integrity and follow procedures and processes put into place by ownership. Responsible for smooth shift transitions and full communication of related items to ensure production is not interrupted.
- Maintain cleanliness of plant and work areas.
- Required to accurately communicate issues and effectively work with other departments to solve problems and complete tasks.
- As required, provide stewardship and oversight of overall machine center upkeep and reliability.
- As required, provide leadership as backup to supervisor.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- General knowledge of computers and software is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good observation skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Effectively collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Willing and able to ask questions regarding unfamiliar tasks.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in written and verbal form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Minimumof 1 year of plant production experience or equivalent is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.