Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position supervises plant production efforts including start-up, actual production, and daily clean-up operations. Responsible for quality safety and cleanliness. This role will also support research and development activities as well as assist in testing and pilot runs as needed. This role provides ongoing training and development of employees.
- Will supervise 2 or more employees. Will provide input regarding administration of personnel functions including selection and hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments. Communicate objectives, assign tasks, and train production personnel in all related work and safety activities. Maintain accurate and timely personnel records. Strive to improve the technical competence of direct reports.
- Ensure raw material and equipment are in a constant state of “tour” readiness and prepared for inspection.
- Ensure equipment is assembled, disassembled, cleaned properly, and ready for production. Responsible for maintaining high standards of safety and plant cleanliness.
- Responsible for an efficient and timely transition from production to sanitation process. Ensure efficient shift change and full communication of related items to supervisors. This includes accurate and timely data entry into logbooks, spreadsheets, and other recordkeeping mechanisms, along with effective verbal communication to appropriate personnel.
- Immediately report or correct any production problems during shift. Communicate to plant management any issues requiring special attention during shift. Communicate with both maintenance and production management to coordinate activities.
- Will maintain the integrity of procedures and processes set by ownership. Will assist in enforcing company policies and safety regulations on production employees.
- Provide daily inspection of all plant conditions and report issues to Production Superintendent for daily group discussion. This includes monitoring and inspecting equipment operations to ensure that safe operating standards are followed and that strict cleanliness requirements are met.
- May perform routine shipping, receiving, and inventory control functions. May perform backup coverage to other areas, as needed.
- Demonstrate technical competence to enable participation in process improvement.
- Self-educate to broaden exposure and capability to lead others and improve effectiveness.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude or background in working with precision machine parts.
- Basic math skills.
- Display of supervisory and leadership skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to work and develop successful employees, fostering and leading in an environment of cooperation.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees both in verbal and written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Minimumof 1 year of plant production experience or equivalent is required. Experience in a supervisory or leadership role is preferred.
Education: High School diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable):
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.